Friday, February 22, 2019

Reading Reflection No. 1


I read Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald’s by Ray Kroc. I think the fact that Ray Kroc wasn't in his twenties or thirties when he grew and popularized McDonald's is what surprised me the most. I found Kroc's work ethic and persistence inspiring. I believe that it was a bit irresponsible for Kroc to just blindly quit his safe job without making sure they had some security first and the fact that he worked so hard despite the fact that he was older and not in the best health. However, his sacrifices paid off in the long run. Kroc faced many entrepreneurship failures in his past, which eventually led him to McDonald's. I noticed that Kroc wasn't afraid to try new things and take risks throughout his biography. I was initially confused because I assumed Kroc was the founder of the restaurant but later realized McDonald's becoming huge success was mostly due to him. Also, the part of the book where Kroc had a sudden outburst during a baseball game seemed odd of him to do and confused me. If I could, I would ask Kroc how he stumbled upon the Multimixer and how he pitched them in the first instance. I think Kroc knew it would take hard work to expand McDonald's and because he was willing to make sacrifices and never gave it, it became extremely successful. I share Kroc's opinion about hard work and hope my laboring will all pay off in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Abby,
    I read this book when I was in high school and I completely agree with. The thing that amazed me the most was Kroc's strength and energy that even no longer young and wild, he was able to still put hopes in life and working towards his goal without hesitation. And I believe that's how he eventually succeed. Perseveres is easy to commit by mouth but hard to follow in hands, and I hope we can all learn this spirit from him and growing our own careers

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

Putting a lot of work into some of my posts like the first venture concept and forgetting to post the links sticks out to me. I'll remem...