Friday, April 19, 2019

Venture Concept No. 2

My opportunity is the lack of creativity and variety of coffee and coffee supplements. Busy people in the workforce and school and general coffee lovers who want a large variety in their coffee selections in a centralized location for a reasonable price are who have the need. Places that charge a lot for one cup of coffee and aren't considered worth the buck create this opportunity. This market is all around the world but mostly comprise of ages 16-63 who are working or in school. This coffee with largely cater to students at UF if the store is located in Gainesville. Customers currently get on-the-go coffee from places like Starbucks and buy coffee blends and creamers from local grocery stores. Customers are very loyal to Starbucks despite complaints and are fine with getting their blends from grocery stores. As of right now, this opportunity is very small considering that people aren't actively seeking alternatives to their available options since it works well enough in their opinions. However, there are people who enjoy this idea of a superstore with selections different from the norm. Until big coffee brands start updating their ideas and adding new and creative items to their inventory, this small opportunity will remain.

The innovation is a store that only provides many coffee related items. The purpose of the coffee superstore is to make it easier to find coffee and provide many selections of interest. Since I will be selling many different items and different sizes of the items, there are many different prices I have in mind. The standard 16 ounce coffee blend I will be selling will be $9.99 per container.

My innovation will provide customers a large variety in coffee blends and supplements with accessories that compliment and enhance the drink. There will also be a cafe that provides drinks on-the-go. This collectively will be cheaper than Starbucks drinks and coffee blends at groceries stores. Customers should switch to coffee items from store/cafe to save money while getting great quality coffee that is creative and stimulating. Customers will buy these products because they are cheaper and of more selection. Switching customers over to purchase my product will be hard since people are comfortable with Starbucks and normal store coffee blends. Packaging, your price points, distribution, customer support, the customer experience and the business location mean everything in terms of differentiating me from my competitors. Packaging and the aesthetics of my product are going to be things that I authenticate and I will work to make sure that my customers get the best customer service they can. For the start of the business, the store will have office rooms where the fiscal and product organization will take place. I will hire cashiers, item organizers, store helpers, and people to manage the different departments of the store.

My venture's unfair advantage would be the personality the superstore has, typically a store with a story interests many people.

Another opportunity I have in mind is to create adjustable sun-blockers in cars for shorter drivers. The customer segment would now be roughly ages 16-65 who struggle with the sun still getting in their eyes driving, after the sun-blocker has been pulled down.

In the next 5 years, since I don't plan to be an entrepreneur solely, I would be happy with a small but successful local coffee store in addition to my main career if I have the opportunity to.

Based on my feedback, I have a good idea for my venture concept, giving kids variety. I added to the concept that the coffee will cater to UF students if the store is located here in Gainesville.

Image result for coffee store
This is a picture of a coffee store in Argentina, but my store will be somewhat similar with added inventory and a cafe most likely.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts! I really like your thoughts of opening a sunshine-block as me myself's favorite thing to do is to find a small, quiet cafe, order a cup of cold beverage and enjoy the sunshine for the whole afternoon. I think it would help your little store in creating a special atmosphere that all coffe-holic would love to see. And the picture looks really great! Really hope to see such a store someday!

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

Putting a lot of work into some of my posts like the first venture concept and forgetting to post the links sticks out to me. I'll remem...